Sunday 13 October 2013

Mae by Paunnet...


 
 Here on the blog today for your viewing and reading pleasure is the lovely Anna from her blog Paunnet. Anna was kind enough to take some time out and answer a few questions for me about her gorgeous Mae blouse. And yes Anna did win second place in the Mae sew-along contest and no wonder her Mae blouse is fab!!

So without further ado, here is the lovely Anna:
 
 
*What type of fabric did you use? What inspired your choice of fabric?
I used some Liberty Tana Lawn in "Emilia's flowers". Last year I found a local seller that has Liberty remnants at a very low price, so whenever I can, I visit them and I stock up on these beautiful fabrics. I chose this because the tiny print and the weight of the fabric seemed perfect for a Mae blouse.




 
Did your  Mae blouse  live up to the image you had in your mind?

It really did! The neckline is cute and interesting, the overall shape is flattering and I'm a sucker for buttoned backs!
*How did you decide to reflect your personal style in the pattern?


I'd say through choice of fabric and buttons, they are a perfect reflections of my own style.
 *Tell us a bit about your making process, any tweaks you made? 

I cut a size 10 for shoulders and bust, grading up to a 12 at the waist and hips and didn't need any alteration. I French-seamed everything I could for extra fanciness and added a strip of interfacing to the button placket to reinforce the fabric.



 


* What thoughts do you have about the project?

I really like it, especially worn with jeans! It looks cuter when it's tucked in a high-waisted skirt, but it's a bit uncomfortable to wear (it moves around too much for my taste when I raise my arms). It's perfect to make a lazy day outfit way cuter and a little bit vintage!

*Are you planning any future Mae Blouses?
 
Not at the moment, I have so many new patterns I want to try, like the Peggy skirt! But never say never...
 
Thank you Anna for sharing your thoughts on the Mae blouse!! 
Most of you may already be following Anna's blog Paunnet and be totally inspired by everything she sews up but if not you must check out her blog ASAP and prepared to have your mind blown, everything is sooo beautiful!!!
If you have sewn up a Bluegingerdoll pattern and would love to share it with the world here on the blog, then feel free to get in contact with me! I would love to see more and more of your Blugingerdoll creations.
I have some cool stuff coming up on the blog this week so keep your eyes on the blog as well. 
Oh i just wanted to say a huge thanks the massive support you gals have shown for the Peggy skirt, it's has been off the hook since its release and i cant get them sent out to you folks fast enough....It has been a crazy awesome blur and i have loved everything minute of it, so THANK YOU  i know you're going to love sewing Peggy up!
Hope your weekend was awesome folks!
Abby
xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the visit and leaving a comment!
I totally appreciate them all!

Happy sewing!

Abby
x

© Bluegingerdoll - Vintage inspired sewing patterns, sewing tips and tricks | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig