Wednesday 23 October 2013

Me, myself & Peggy...


























I thought it about time to take some photos of one of the many Peggy skirts i made for myself. This polka dot Peggy was actually one of the very first samples of the Peggy skirt View A with the button tabs that i made it up to test the actual design of the skirt to see  whether i liked it, if it would work, is it comfortable and most importantly does it look good on the old bod! 


















































The last two patterns, Billie Jean and Mae i modeled the patterns myself which was a lot of fun and definitely an experience in getting over being really self conscious in front of the camera.. Ok i'm still kinda awkward and uncomfortable, but i'm working on it and no doubt i will do some modelling again for future patterns. But for the Peggy skirt i was so grateful when my gorgeous friend Michelle kindly accepted my invitation to model the Peggy skirt for me and freshen shit up a bit, it occurred to me you may possibly be sick of seeing my face! And what a fine job she did, she's one good looking chick, yeah? 






































I'm really enjoy the  little kick i still get when i am wearing one of my pattern designs out and about... I really  don't think this is will ever get old, this pattern designing gig, i love it and  i think i may have just found my passion :) But in saying this i also  think it is  important to show the patterns i design actually on me, the designer. As i said i am very, very  proud of each design and i want to show them off to you and their versatility in fabric or wear etc, i also want you to see there is nothing hidden in the pattern designs and lastly and most probably the main point is  i want to show you how they look on a average gal, like me. 

Because sometimes there is an illusion created, i think, with fashion design especially be it a  pattern design or clothing that it can  sometimes  lack any kind of  authenticity or realness  and basically looks downright  fake  when shown on a professional model, who would look amazing in a hessian bag amirite? And yeah the photos look amazing in the end  and totally should be in a magazine but what about the real world? What would it look like on a girl that isn't a size 0? Or has more junk in their trunk? Big boobs? Has some tum tum area? Or is the total opposite of these things? You get my point. I don't want to do this with Bluegingerdoll, not from the very beginning, EVER . I wanted  to to show  some kind of realness  and authenticity with my pattern designs and it is as real as its going to get when on me, because i am that girl i just described above with the  junk in the trunk, tum tum area the whole list.  So here i am, in all my realness and  not a professional model ( obviously and  neither is Michelle) just a  girl who is just proud of her pattern designs and wants to show them off and is just trying to have a go at something she loves doing while keeping shit real, rant over, now  enjoy:

















































Oh yeah i finally got new hair... only took me a million years.. I'm one of those people that inst really a fan of going to the hairdressers for some reason i akin  it to the the dislike of dentists some folks have.





 With my samples i tend to  choose pretty standard fabrics and as cheap as possible. Doing this means  i can still  re work ( pull apart and use the fabric for something else)  if i have too or still wear it as a 'wearable muslin' that will slide into my wardrobe rotation, that's if i decide that its a shit design idea and its not going to work. The many samples i make for each pattern design tend to get A LOT of changes made to them so obviously no point using that rare vintage fabric that i have as well. Hence the choice of this discounted polka dot cotton fabric that i have like a millions yards of laying around, but totally still looks cute though and is very versatile in my wardrobe. 



















































In case you haven't noticed the Peggy skirt has way cool pockets... See I'm being helpful and pointing them out :)








































































This particular Peggy skirt i made a tad shorter, so it would sit just above the knee and its still totally cute. The original Peggy skirt version shows it sitting below the knee which  is still very much a flattering length, but just to show you short or longer the Peggy skirt will still look super cute!












































































































****Don't forget to enter the competition to win yourself a copy of the Peggy skirt, check it out here, ends this Friday.***

Abby
x

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. You look great, as does your fantastic new skirt! One of the things I love about your brand is that you do use different models for each pattern and you always highlight when others in the sewing community make your clothing. You're right, not everyone looks the same and if I'm questioning a pattern, it REALLY helps me to see it on someone who looks like me. Obviously doing away with models isn't an option, but I love the idea of having a variety of models for everyone. Thanks for modeling! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My point exactly, variety! I think its so helpful seeing the designs on others, so you can make up your mind whether or not to fork out the cash. I agree as well with not being able to completely do away with models especially in fashion but i think seeing the designs on me or other so called 'average' girls it calls out all the bullshit surrounding the designs.

      Delete
  2. This looks fantastic on you!! I love seeing your designs on you, so I'm glad you share photos like these. And your hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the skirt on you. Great fabric. I'll be sewing a bright yellow version this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! Bright yellow sounds awesome! You must send me some photos when your done, that's soooo cool!!!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for the visit and leaving a comment!
I totally appreciate them all!

Happy sewing!

Abby
x

© Bluegingerdoll - Vintage inspired sewing patterns, sewing tips and tricks | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig