Friday 20 December 2013

Star struck Mae....

bluegingerdoll Mae // Jolies bobines

Here it is the last interview/blog post for 2013 with another talented and super crazy cool sewist from the blogosphere! But its not the last of me folks,  i have some cool stuff still come here on the blog even though we are getting super close to Christmas!Argh exciting :)

Introducing Julie , from her very lovely blog Jolies Bobines. I spied Julie's Mae blouse randomly one day on Instagram and i was blown away by it! The fit of her Mae blouse is absolute perfection and the fabric choice is the cutest i've ever seen :) Oh and how awesome does it look with jeans?! 
 FYI if you are on Instagram you can follow me at Instagram/ bluegingerdoll and if you're not on Instagram i totally recommend you get on there ASAP there is a massive sewing community on there, it's where all the cool kids hang out these day, ha! I also have an inkling that it will become the way for blogging, an instant photo of your just finished sewing project,hell yeah!

Julie was kind enough to answer a few questions about her Mae blouse for me, so read on and enjoy:

bluegingerdoll Mae // Jolies bobines



What type of fabric did you use? What inspired your choice of fabric?


I used a cotton by a french fabric designer I love "Atelier brunette".

I had some fabric left (I made some clothes when she start the collection). I chose this one

because I wanted to do something retro-modern and with some poetry And have a top to wear every day !



bluegingerdoll Mae // Jolies bobines



Did your Mae blouse live up to the image you had in your mind?

Yes, I love this pattern ! All the details, collar, sleeves and back buttons. It's exactly what I thought. The first time I saw this pattern was on Paunnet blog, and so I then followed Bluegingerdoll patterns. It was on my pinterest board, and I decide to make it when I saw the pdf version was available. I thought It was a good way to see if I can to make your patterns. I prefer paper patterns. So now I'm ready to do the Billy jean dress

bluegingerdoll Mae // Jolies bobines


How did you decide to reflect your personal style in the pattern?


 I think the fabric choice is very important and of course how you'll wear it ! With a skirt or trousers, flat shoes or stilettos... So it's not only one piece of clothing,it  is also how you wear it !


bluegingerdoll Mae // Jolies bobines



Tell us a bit about your making process, any tweaks you made? 


 I loved do the Mae blouse ! I had no problems following the sew along instructions (very good practice when you don't speak english very well ) I especially appreciate the back construction with perfect definitions

bluegingerdoll Mae // Jolies bobines



 What thoughts do you have about the project?

 LOVE!!!


bluegingerdoll Mae // Jolies bobines




Are you planning any future Mae blouses?


 Yes, of course, maybe a stylish (chic, smart) version with silk or a dress version why not.



Hooray! There is currently a Christmas happening in the shop, 20% off ALL patterns

which includes PAPER & PDF formats, so there's no stopping you from picking up those 

patterns you've been eyeing off! 

Sale ends 22nd December 2013 so get shopping quick smart!

** FYI if you do purchase a paper pattern i will get them in the post ASAP but it is Christmas

time so please expect delays and that it most probably wont make it to you before Christmas

day, so please keep this in mind OR order a PDF version of the pattern and receive ASAP in

your inbox :)

Abby

xxx





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the visit and leaving a comment!
I totally appreciate them all!

Happy sewing!

Abby
x

© Bluegingerdoll - Vintage inspired sewing patterns, sewing tips and tricks | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig