Friday 8 November 2013

BLUEGINGERDOLL'S 1ST BIRTHDAY and SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS!




It has been a year! Bluegingerdoll is now officially a one year old, Yay!


Even though there is still a long way to go for Bluegingerdoll, for me hitting this milestone is unreal and is also a great time to reflect on all the awesome happenings and the not so good, that have gone on.

The  past couple of months all 3 pattern releases have taken off and have  been welcomed into new home all over the world. The   Mae and Billie Jean sewing patterns have been the best sellers with the Peggy skirt following very close behind. Its amazing for me to see where in the world the patterns will be sent to each day when another order pops up and i love seeing all your versions popping up all over the blogosphere.

Here is just  a little bit of the  good, the bad and maybe a little bit of ugly from the past year that i have learnt and experienced since starting up Bluegingerdoll sewing patterns.

  • When Billie Jean was released it was such an exciting time, my very first pattern was going to be released! But  a few hiccups were had with the printers and international post.  (This is when i learnt to work with people locally, here in Melbourne.)


  • Mae was released - Along with an awesome sew-along contest and giveaway which was a huge success. ( This is when i learnt it is so crucial to support and work  together with other  small crafty businesses - They're a cool gang!)
  • Getting a tad burnt by some well meaning people in the industry ( or so i thought)  even  before my first pattern was even released. (This was when i learnt to believe in myself, not the hype and exclusivity that some people preach they claim to have. I can do all those things myself and even better.)


  • Finally creating packaging that i was totally in love with. The initial packaging just didn't sit right with me from the get go. ( This is when i learnt that even though you may pay top dollar you can still get shit.)
  • Creating a brand new pretty website all by myself (This is when i learnt that i can be a computer geek too if i want!)







So while i look back on the past year, i would love you too as well. I want to hear any of  your thoughts you may on pattern designs and tutorials you would like to see, anything you would like to share  on how to make  Bluegingerdoll even more awesome. I value your opinion and what to hear it, so please share!! :) 

 I have created a simple survey, just  with few questions to be answered.  It should take no longer then 5 minutes or so. 



If you prefer though,  you are most welcome to leave your thoughts or any additional ideas/thoughts you may have here on the blog by leaving  a comment.

This year has been nothing short of amazing for me and i hope that 2014 brings even more awesomeness my way for Bluegingerdoll.  I still have some really cool stuff in the works before the year is out including  a new pattern to be released in the coming weeks. So stay tuned.

I can't wait to hear your thoughts :)

Abby

x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the visit and leaving a comment!
I totally appreciate them all!

Happy sewing!

Abby
x

© Bluegingerdoll - Vintage inspired sewing patterns, sewing tips and tricks | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig