Wednesday 15 May 2013

Billie Jean & Polkadots

14May 2013 2

Have you seen the absolutely gorgeous polkadot version of Billie Jean by the lovely Jen, from jenniferlaurenvintage ????

 I fell absolutely in love with i saw Jen's finished Billie Jean. The vintage style of the dress, is a match made in heaven with polkadot fabric, the girl's got style!
 I kindly asked Jen, if she would be interested in being a pattern tester for the Billie Jean, when the pattern was still very much in its infancy  and thankfully she said yes!

14May 2013 1

 Read about how she made Billie Jean her own, with some simple modifications to the pattern.  I was truly excited to see her finished Billie Jean, and i love the shorter skirt length for more of a modern look.

14May 2013 5

Check it out Jen' blog, jenniferlaurenvintage and totally be inspired  all over again with her sewing skills and finished projects, she is so amazingly talented.

Remember the pre sale for Billie Jean has been extended until the 19th May!

Grab a copy here WEBSITE or ETSY or CRAFTSY  .

Abby
x
 
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. She looks adorable in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! I just preorder my paper copy under my partners name (Dale C) I am SOOOOOOO excited! And I am down in Geelong so it's great to support someone more local :) :) THe very best of luck in becoming wonderfully famous and rich, and then you can roll around in a new stash of sewing goodness :P

    I will be posting a blog about your dress when I complete it, so keep an eye out!

    http://sewbambisew.blogspot.com/

    www.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! Im glad you like it, makes me happy! Thanks so much for your support as well, even better cause your local! New stash of sewing goodness sounds AMAZING!!! Fingers crossed ;)
      Definately let me know when you have finished your Billie Jean, i would love to show it off on the blog! FYI the paper pattern should be ready from the printers mid- june, again crossing my finger on that one as well!
      Happy sewing
      x

      Delete
    2. :) Very excited, it's actually the perfect pattern I have been looking for! I shall deff let you know once I have made it up!

      Delete
  3. Oh and I have just plugged you on my sewing group on facebook so I hope that helps :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee thanks! I think we might be becoming bestest friends ;)
      Let me know your sewing group on Facebook, i would love to get in contact with more local sewists!
      x

      Delete
    2. Haha sounds good to me!! No one I know sews! The group is Sew Good, https://www.facebook.com/groups/sewgood

      Its about 270 women on there all Australian apart from a few overseas ladies, I made it because I had no one to gush about sewing too!! Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for the visit and leaving a comment!
I totally appreciate them all!

Happy sewing!

Abby
x

© Bluegingerdoll - Vintage inspired sewing patterns, sewing tips and tricks | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig